Mandarin and bergamot are blended smoothly along side lavender and sage in Catalyst. Warm spices follow in the heart of the fragrance while strong sandalwood and musk linger in the base.
Fragrance Notes unfold over time, with the immediate impression of the top note leading to the deeper middle notes, and the base notes gradually appearing as the final stage.
· Top Notes: Orange, Artemisia, Caraway, Tuberose, Lavender, Vodka, Mandarin Orange, Narcissus, Galbanum, Basil, Jasmine, Mint, Sage, Rose, Bergamot
· Middle Notes: Grass, Nutmeg, Carnation, Bay Leaf, Chamomile, Cinnamon, Violet, Lily of the Valley, Black Currant, Rose
· Base Notes: Labdanum, Leather, Sandalwood, Tonka Bean, Amber, Patchouli, Musk, Benzoin, Coconut, Oakmoss, Vetiver, Incense, Cedarwood
· Classification: Aromatic/Fougere
· Scent Strength: Moderate
· Scent Style: Evening/Casual
·with aloe, cactus flower, palm & sage leaf extracts
·with aloe, elder flower, arnica and rosemary extract
·with aloe, elder flower, arnica, soy & olive oil
·with aloe, chamomile, calendula & lavender
·with coconut oil & vitamin e oil
To my nose this is an exact match to Catalyst for men formerly made by Halston.
I will gladly wear this recreation of this cologne made by the fragrance shop, this is the only cologne that i have ever had a random lady in line with me tell me "Damn, you smell good"
its not some fruity or menthol smelling cologne, it doesn't smell like some cheap axe body spray that a lot of colognes smell like now, the other reviewer has already said it best, "rich, deep, relaxing and un-apologetically masculine"
Although occasionally you can still find the original on the internet, its price has gone up 900%, what used to be a 30 dollar bottle is now 300 when you see it.
I sincerely hope that the fragrance shop is in business for the years to come, as i will be buying from here, from this point on.
- Posted by Christopher Brumley on 11th Apr 2022
I bought the sample because the notes intrigued me, and I thought it could be uni-sex (I am a woman). But,no. This one is ALL man in the best way possible. I'm not familiar with the original, but this scent is a throwback to when men smelled un-apologetically masculine.
With all those notes, it seems like it would be a muddled mess, but it is rich, deep and relaxing.If you're tired of sugary vanillas and melon-centric aquatics, give this a try. Fantastic!
- Posted by L.E. Brennan on 14th Nov 2020